Keep up to date

Keep up to date with the latest posts David's Bat Blog on Facebook

Saturday 19 March 2022

To hell with birdies, I want BATS!



Spring has sprung, the grass is riz,
I wonder where the birdies is?
Cancel that - I don’t care,
But when will bats take to the air?


I’ve hugged the fire and shivered lots,
I’ve had enough - I want some hot.
And when it comes, what I want most
Is wakeful bats - not one, a host!


All this tweeting is quite nice,

But I’ll ignore it in a trice.

It’s chips and chops I really like,

Hollow claps, clicks and suchlike.


My detectors polished til it gleams,

Batteries are charged, ready it seems.

‘Tis patience I am really short of,

I need some bats, to adore and love.


So, don’t keep me waiting, little bat,

‘Tis time to make your belly fat.

I’ll wait no more, I can’t, I vow,

So shift your butt and fly right now. 


Keep up to date with the latest posts Facebook.com/Davidsbatblog

No comments: